Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Melvin.

Throughout the recent weeks, I've encountered days where I have more sourdough than I know what to do with.  I'm trying not to be so wasteful.  I've been keeping a container of "throw away" in the fridge.  Sourdough waffles, pancakes, pizza dough, and even sour beer have been made!  Just cracked a sour beer actually and one of my roommates explained it as tasting like vomit, which in turn has ruined my potential for enjoying drinking it anymore.  For creation of more bread projects though I decided to spawn a whole wheat version of Penelope.  Alen had brought me some really great organic Vermont whole wheat flour when he visited and so using a spent raw honey jar, Melvin was brought to life.  His eating schedule is about every 12 hours when he's out of the fridge, whereas Penelope is 24 hours.  30% starter is kept for feedings of equal parts water and flour.  Heres my first 100% whole wheat loaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment