Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sunriser Rye

Baked these two loafs a few weeks back but have been too busy with work to post. I picked up another job as a assistant baker for Bread and Butter farm. Im excited to be learning a much as possible about every bit of rye information I can get. The owner and head baker, Adam has completely shifted to rye and spelt which is amazing. I myself am on the slow shift of having a 100% rye sourdough starter. I would really love to grow my own rye around vermont and brew beer and bake bread with it. Maybe some whiskey as well haha.

These loafs were 60% Rye, 100% Hydration 1/2rye - 1/2wheat starter, 40% spelt, and about 20g of roasted sunflower seeds. Added 85F water to ingredients, giving me a final mixed dough of 83F. Mixed for thirty minutes and bulk rest for 5hrs. Baked at 475F for 25 min with steam in the beginning.  It was a tasty loaf and it didnt last for long. I had to go to work after baking them so I didnt get to take a picture of the beautiful crumb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment