Saturday, January 26, 2013

Whole Wheat Sourdough Mornings

Kale and Garlic Sourdough 

Morning all, its been a while since I've posted and its due to a new job I picked up. EW! Its a cooking position at a local coop and its the best kitchen job I've had so far. Kitchens can be a mess but this one is surprisingly clean, organic, local and great fellow cooks. Oh and not to mention the pretty people who come in and make suggestions, mostly health conscious people or as their real name, hippies.
On my days off which are Tuesdays and Wednesdays I packed my things got some Butterworks farm Whole Wheat flour and headed to the bakery.  We prepped our loafs the night before and let them do the special thing they do overnight. 
  These are two loafs with chopped Kale, diced Garlic, 20 grams of salt, 80 grams of starter and no measure for water/flour. Im gonna try making my loafs without measuring with a scale, I want to get better at just estimating from eyes.

 My husband meanwhile mixed a loaf with whole wheat (Butterworks) and organic molasses. Hold on, he is my husband but more so my partner (lifelong partner). His loaf was smaller but much tastier them mine were. The crust was a fantastic dark brown with beautiful exposure, there wasn't much of an oven spring but it had raised enough. The whole wheat and molasses combined together makes a fantastic loaf.
Booya motherlicker!

No comments:

Post a Comment